Kindle Fire Android App Install
How can I install the Dark Horse Comics App for Android on my Kindle Fire?
Follow the instructions below to install a version of the Dark Horse Android app for Kindle Fire users. It differs from the regular DH Android app in some important ways. Please note:
Unlike the regular app, which bills purchases to customers’ Google Wallet accounts, the DH app for Kindle Fire does not contain an in-app store. In the future we will offer a version featuring an in-app store that bills to users’ Amazon accounts.
When you tap the “Store” button, the app opens a browser and brings up the DH Digital store. After a purchase is complete, the new comics will appear in the collection tab, ready to download. You may need to refresh the app (tap the Settings toggle in the upper right).
Because it is not downloaded from the Amazon app store, this app will not appear among “In the Cloud” apps on your Fire, nor will you receive notification of updates to the app.To install:
- Make sure that your device is configured to allow the installation of applications from unknown sources:
- Tap the Settings gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- On the list that comes down, tap "More..."
- In the System Settings menu, tap on the Device section.
- Make sure that the "Allow Installation of Applications" switch is set to "ON".
- From the Home screen, go to the Web tab, bring up this page, and download the APK file by clicking here.
- When the download completes, tap on the notification, or tap on the Menu button in the bottom bar of the Web Application and choose Downloads, and tap the DarkHorseComics.apk file.
- On the Install window, tap the Install button.
- After the installation process completes, tap Open, or go to the Apps tab in the Home screen to read your comics!