iOS | Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a Dark Horse Digital account?
You do not need a Dark Horse Digital account in order to purchase books in-app. However, to synchronize your collection between multiple mobile devices and the website, you will need a Dark Horse Digital account. This way, your digital bookshelf follows you wherever you happen to sign in. Also, if you have a DHD account, this will help us to better assist you if you hit any technical issues. We highly recommend you create an account if you haven’t already!
How to use the iOS app
Welcome to the Dark Horse Digital Reader. Here’s a quick primer on how to use and navigate through the iOS app.
- To navigate in the reader, swipe left or right to move from page to page. You can also tap the right or left edge of the screen instead of swiping.
- Tap the center of the screen in the reader to bring up the controls.
- The Share button provides a quick way to share your current read or current panel on your social media accounts, in messenger, or via email.
- The settings button opens the settings panel menu where you can control reading mode.
- There are options for panel view (including the option to view the full page before and/or after panels), fit to width, or full-page reading.
BOOKSHELF: The Bookshelf settings button will direct you to your Account information page. Note that you can also access this account settings button while browsing the store. The menu button allows you to sort your bookshelf by release date, download date, and last read date. There is also an option to show only downloaded books.
STORE: You can start accessing the store by tapping Featured, New, Search, or More, at the bottom of the screen. Featured will display collections of comics specially curated by Dark Horse. The menu button allows you to browse even more featured books and series. The New page is a quick way to see Dark Horse’s latest releases. More is where you’ll find a complete index of all comics and books, organized by series, genre and creators.
Troubleshooting the iOS app
If you are having issues with the app, below are some basic troubleshooting steps to try. If you are still encountering errors after trying the steps below, customer service is also available to help you via our contact form . A human will respond, we promise!
How do I opt in for push notifications?
Visit the settings menu and select “notifications.” You can toggle on or off New Releases and Sales and Specials notifications there. New Releases notifications will send a push to your device on Wednesdays, and Sales and Specials notifications will send you a push any time we have a sale or promotion happening (note: this will rarely, if ever, be more than once a week).